Low sugar Spiced Plum Jam with Panona's Pectin
Supper yummy and super easy freezer jam
- 2 cups water
- 8 whole allspice berries
- 4 sticks cinnamon broken in half
- 8 whole cloves
- 1 1/2 cups sugar
- 2 tbsp Pamona's pectin
- 8 cups chopped or blended plumbs about 2 1/2 lbs
- 8 tsp calcium water
- 1/2 cup lemon juice (optional)
- In a medium saucepan, combine all ingredients for spice water. Bring to a boil over high heat and then reduce heat to simmer for 10 minutes. String out spices and retain spice water.
- Make calcium water according to instructions in Pamona's Pectin box
- Combine sugar and pectin in medium bowl and stir until well mixed
- In a large pot, combine plums, calcium water, spice water and lemon juice. Bring to full boil over medium-high heat, stirring occasionally. Add sugar mixture, return to boil, and boil for 1 mixture while stirring constantly.
- Remove from heat, carefully label jam into clean jars and cool on counter. Freeze when the jam reaches room temperature.