There are some days where cooking is hard, my daughter is fussy, and I forgot to go to the grocery store. This is a recipe for one of those days. If I cover the broiler pan in aluminum foil, it doesn’t even generate any dishes. I shamelessly copied this recipe from a friend who makes it frequently as a filling and slightly nostalgic lunch.
Basic recipe for busy days.
- 1 5 oz can tuna fish packed in water
- 4 slices cheddar cheese
- 2 english muffins, split (I usually use whole grain)
- Preheat broiler
- Drain the tuna and divide between the english muffins
- Cover tuna with a slice of cheese and sprinkle with paprika
- Put sandwiches on a cookie sheet covered in foil
- Broil until cheese is very bubbly and tuna is hot (about 8 minutes)